What transforms a gathering into a holiday event? Effective holiday party planning can make any holiday gathering memorable and magical. The things that make a gathering a special event for all involved are the many extra details added to enhance mood and atmosphere. Holiday party planning takes all of those details, from the obvious to the subtle, and brings them together to create a festive atmosphere.
Decorations Transform any Room
A key element in holiday party planning is the use of decorations. Professional planners will consider the theme, the mood, and the space they are working with before anything else. These choices will have a direct impact on the other preparations.
Using Decorations to Create a Holiday Theme
When party planning, sometimes working with a theme helps narrow down party planning choices and gives the space a cohesive feel. Consider this when working with a theme:
– Rather than choose decorations from the broader holiday, such as Christmas, consider narrowing down decorations to a snowflake theme.
– Less is often more in holiday party planning. Well-placed and thoughtful decorations can create greater impact than an over-abundance of holiday trinkets.
– Choose a theme that is appropriate for the guests attending.
Creating Holiday Mood with Decorations
Decorations are key in creating a mood for any holiday event. A skillful party planner can set the mood of an event in ways that many people may not even realize. Some thoughtful additions include:
– Banners to help direct party-goers to the right location, or welcome them to the event.
– The use of banners to give attendees a foretaste of what to expect before they even enter, whether the party is elegant, or high-energy.
– Using name cards will help prevent confusion for guest as well as add to the table decoration.
– Choice of colors will influence the mood directly and indirectly. Bright colors are not only exciting, they keep the mood bright, while cool colors create a relaxing and more sedate atmosphere.
Considering the Space When Decorating for Parties Good holiday party planning always considers the space in which the event will be held. Subtle things like a fire in the fireplace, streamers hung from trees, or a delightful centerpiece for a table can make any party seem extraordinary. When thinking about where to hold an event, consider these important things:
– Will the space hold everyone on your guest list?
– Will the placement of decorations obstruct the movement of guests?
– Will the choice of decorations withstand the conditions of their placement, or become a danger?
– Can your decorations quickly and easily be moved inside if needed?
With the proper planning, and great decorations, your holiday even can be spectacular.
Christmas is everyone’s favorite season at Andi Beark’s house. Christmas carols, egg nog and decorations help to create the festive spirit while holiday banners announce big savings are coming. Picking out the best holiday stationery for the annual newsletter is next on Andi’s list. She can’t wait to share all the great experiences they had this year.