Much like the Christmas tree and the jingle bells, holiday parties are as much a part of this time of year as Santa Claus and reindeer. Although many people use this as an excuse to over indulge themselves, it doesn’t have to be that way for you. Get ready, because you’re about to discover the 10 best ways to eat during this holiday and actually loose weight.
10) One of the easiest and cheapest ways to silence your growling stomach is to drink enough H20. That’s water for you non Chemistry majors. The best thing about water is that it fills you up fast and helps breakdown those naughty foods faster in your stomach.
9) Eat before you go! When attending the many holiday dinners and parties take the time to eat a healthy snack. When you do not go hungry, you will be less likely to over indulge.
8) Eat smaller portions. Rather than going through the buffet line with a normal plate, why not take a moment and grab one of the smaller cake plates. The reduction in plate size will limit how much you can pile on and will still allow you to enjoy without feeling bloated and heavy.
7) Don’t skip meals, when you get busy it is easy to skip breakfast or lunch because you know you will be having a big dinner later. Save yourself the calories and eat normal meals all day long.
6) Try something new for the holidays. Instead of making tons of pies and candies, look up some healthy alternatives. Choose a healthy exotic treat of fresh fruits instead.
5) Add more physical activity to your holiday routine. Parties and dinners are fun events during this time of the year but when you can add some ice-skating, sledding, or a walk with friends to the mix.
4) Keep up the good work. If you are like most people, you will use the free time you have during this time of year to rest and cut back when in reality that is the worst thing you could do. Don’t be guilty of abandoning your workout routine for a life of leisure.
3) Take a strategy to dinner with you and not just an appetite. It is not too reasonable to believe that you can attend these holiday gatherings and not eat anything you like. With that in mind, why not develop a strategy beforehand of exactly what you will eat and how much of it you’ll eat. As an example, if fruit cake is your adversary, why not have a piece but turn down the pumpkin pie.
2) Burn fat by building muscle. The quickest way to destroy fat is by building muscle yet many of us refuse to do any “heavy lifting” during this time of year. Sure you could opt for some over priced personal trainer but why not just give that holiday turkey a lift.
1) Take time for you to relax and meditate. This is the time that depression is at a high. Depression can lead to overeating and then more depression. Beat the blues this year by relaxing and not letting worry and frustration overtake you.
And there you have it, the top ten holiday eating tips that will keep you fit and trim. Look at that, you don’t have to wait for the new year to get started trimming those unwanted pounds.